Skip to content
back to top
- Uli Hacksell, Ph.D. has served as our Chief Executive Officer since September 2000 and as a director of our company since October 2000. From February 1999 to September 2000, he served as our Executive Vice President of Drug Discovery. From August 1991 to February 1999, Dr. Hacksell held various senior executive positions at Astra, a pharmaceutical company, including Vice President of Drug Discovery and Technology as well as President of Astra Draco, one of Astra's largest research and development subsidiaries, where he directed an organization of more than 1,100 employees. From August 1991 to May 1994, he served as Vice President of CNS Preclinical R&D at Astra Arcus, another subsidiary. Earlier in his career, Dr. Hacksell held the positions of Professor of Organic Chemistry and Department Chairman at Uppsala University in Sweden and also served as Chairman and Vice Chairman of the European Federation of Medicinal Chemistry. He currently serves as the Chairman of the board of directors of SynAct Pharma ApS, a privately held company in Denmark, and on the board of Uppsala University. Dr. Hacksell received a Master of Pharmacy and a Ph.D. in Medicinal Chemistry from Uppsala University.
- Stephen R. Davis is our Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Business Officer and joined ACADIA in July 2014. Mr. Davis brings over 20 years of executive-level experience in the pharmaceutical industry. He most recently served as Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer at Heron Therapeutics, Inc., which he joined in 2013. He led core business and finance functions there and was instrumental in developing and implementing a new corporate strategy with a multi-program portfolio. Previously, Mr. Davis served as Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer at Ardea Biosciences, Inc. from 2010 to 2013, where he oversaw business functions, including finance, commercial planning, and corporate development, and played a critical role in building and growing the company. Prior to joining Ardea, Mr. Davis served in numerous executive roles at Neurogen Corporation from 1994 to 2010, including Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operating Officer, and Chief Executive Officer, completing multiple collaborations and product acquisitions with global pharmaceutical companies. Mr. Davis currently serves on the Board of Directors of Heron Therapeutics and Synageva BioPharma Corp. Earlier in his career, Mr. Davis practiced as a Certified Public Accountant with a major accounting firm and as a corporate and securities attorney with a Wall Street law firm. Mr. Davis received his Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Southern Nazarene University and a J.D. from Vanderbilt University.
- Roger G. Mills, M.D. is our Executive Vice President, Development and Chief Medical Officer and has been at ACADIA since June 2006. Prior to joining us, Dr. Mills held the position of Vice President, Development at Pfizer Global R&D, a division of Pfizer Inc., which is a global pharmaceutical company, for a five-year period. In this capacity, he was responsible for the management and direction of drug development activities at the Pfizer campus in La Jolla, California, and played a key role in the development of Sutent®, a new multikinase inhibitor for patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma and gastrointestinal stromal tumors. Prior to joining Pfizer, Dr. Mills held senior clinical management positions at Gilead Sciences, where he served as project leader in the development of Tamiflu®, a leading treatment for influenza, and at Abbott Laboratories, where he played an important role in the development of antiviral drugs. Earlier in his career, he held several senior positions at the Wellcome Foundation, including Scientific Advisor for Group Marketing and Therapeutic Area Head, Cardiovascular Marketing. Dr. Mills received his medical degree at the Charing Cross Hospital Medical School in London and his specialized medical training at the Royal College of General Practitioners in London.
- Terrence O. Moore is our Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer and has been at ACADIA since August 2013. Mr. Moore has more than 25 years of experience as a senior member of sales and marketing teams at several pharmaceutical companies. He has made key contributions to the building of multi-billion dollar brands in the CNS field, including Prozac®, Zyprexa®, Risperdal®, and Effexor XR®. Prior to joining us, Mr. Moore was a Principal of Cooke-Moore Consulting and, before founding the firm, served as Vice President at Transcept Pharmaceuticals, where he was responsible for commercial strategy, business development and commercial alliance activities. Previously, Mr. Moore served as Vice President, U.S. Head of Neuroscience Marketing at Organon BioSciences and was responsible for the creation and building of its Neuroscience Business Unit. He also served as Vice President, U.S. Marketing, Effexor XR®, as well as Vice President, Global Strategy Depression Portfolio at Wyeth Pharmaceuticals. Earlier, Mr. Moore held senior management positions at Johnson & Johnson, where he helped to launch Risperdal® for additional indications in the U.S., and at Eli Lilly, where he held various sales and marketing roles over 11 years, including Zyprexa® Brand Manager. Mr. Moore holds a B.S. degree in Pharmacy from the University of Florida, a B.A. degree in Chemistry from the University of South Florida and has completed executive development programs at the Kellogg School of Management and Wharton School of Business.
- Glenn F. Baity is our Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary and has been with ACADIA since July 2004. From February 2000 until joining ACADIA, Mr. Baity was a senior associate at Cooley LLP in their San Diego office, working with a variety of public and private companies on transactional matters, including M&A, financings, compensation and equity matters, and corporate governance. From January 1997 to January 2000, Mr. Baity was an associate in the San Francisco office of Brown & Wood LLP (now Sidley Austin LLP) working primarily on public financings for established companies while representing underwriters such as Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch and Morgan Stanley. Mr. Baity received his J.D. degree from the University of California, Los Angeles and received his B.A. from the University of California, Berkeley.